MCLI, the Maputo Corridor Logistics Intiative, is a non-profit organisation consisting of Infrastructure Investors, Service Providers and Stakeholders from Mozambique, South Africa and Swaziland who are focussed on the promotion and further development of the Maputo Development Corridor (MDC) as the region’s primary logistics transportation route.
MCLI aims to co-ordinate the views of Service Providers and Users of the Corridor, engaging primarily the governments of SA and Mozambique as well as Swaziland.
- To remove barriers along the Corridor
- To inform the market of developments on the Corridor and
- To market the strategic benefits and opportunities of using it
thereby making the MDC the first choice for the regions importers and exporters alike.
- Coordinating initiatives and engaging the relevant authorities to contribute to the planning of service and infrastructure improvements
- Organizing events, fact-finding missions, forums and meetings
- Communicating progress and developments through electronic newsletters and the media
- Promoting positive attitudes and perceptions towards the Maputo Development Corridor, and logistical benefits offered by the Corridor
- Facilitating training opportunities, including industry cross-training of public and private stakeholders to ensure full understanding of the supply chain
- Putting users in touch with service providers, and providing information on all aspects of how to utilise and benefit from the Corridor
- Development of a Corridor Supporter and Service Provider Directory and website.
- Organizing strategic quarterly forums
- Organizing service provider forums
For more information about MCLI click here