Working Hours: 365 days a year, 24 hours/day
Office Hours: 07h00-15h30
- Compulsory; 24 hour service
- Pilots board ships east of Buoy 12P at the entrance to the Xefina Channel
- Outbound vessels drop pilot at the same position
- Pilotage compulsory for vessels with maximum sailing draft of 11.50 meters or above, from North Channel passage.
- North Channel pilot boarding ground between buoy 1N and buoy 2, according indication in UKHO charts
- Ships are requested to make a good lee for safe boarding of the pilot
- Pilotage may be suspended if wind exceeds Beaufort 8/9 (30 knots)
- Outer anchorage located near Buoy 1N
- Inner anchorage located eastwards of Buoy 12P
- There are no underwater obstructions in the anchorages
- One 40 ton and two 60 ton bollard pull tugs available
- Compulsory for all vessels except Coasters and Fishing Boats.