Maputo Port Development Company (MPDC) is a national private company, which results from the partnership between the Mozambican Railway Company (Caminhos de Ferro de Moçambique) and Portus Indico, comprised by Grindrod, DP World and local company Mozambique Gestores. On the 15th of April 2003 MPDC was given the concession of Maputo’s Port for a period of 15 years, with an extension option of another 15. In June 2010, the concession period was extended for another 15 years, with an option of an additional ten years of operations after 2033.
MPDC holds the rights to finance, rehabilitate, construct, operate, manage, maintain, develop and optimize the entire concession area. The company also holds the powers of a Port Authority, being responsible for maritime operations, piloting towing (tugboats), stevedoring, terminal and warehouse operations, as well as port’s planning development.
Port Maputo – Anchoring National Pride, Propelling the Region Forward
Charting regional growth, by providing an attractive, competitive and integrated port service piloted by innovation and integrity
- ETHICS – Always doing what is right and for the right reasons
- RESPONSIBILITY – We take ownership for what we do
- CARING – Value everyone, build true relationships, being an employer of choice
- TEAM WORK – Working together to achieve far more than we could on our own.
- SAFETY – Creating a safe and better working environment for all to live and work in